Engine · The Shadow Spirit's features an offset-dual-crankpin, 1099cc 45º V-twin engine designed to deliver low-end and mid-range power.
· Three-valve cylinder head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion and high power output at all rpm.
· High-capacity nine-plate clutch with cable operation.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic valve-lash adjusters. No valve adjustments required.
· Maintenance-free features include solid-state digital ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioners.
· Dual 36mm CV carburetors offer crisp throttle response at all rpm.
· Reliable electric-starter system.
"The Spirit styling has been well received, so we wanted to stay close to that general concept of minimal bodywork in a compact, lightweight machine. We wanted to bring that forward, add more value and make it look more contemporary. One of the ways to do this was to create a big-bike image without really changing the dimensions radically. Physically, the dimensions have not changed dramatically in the Shadow Spirit, but the appearance of it, the sense of scale, gives the style of a bigger bike.", said Martin Manchester, executive designer for Honda R&D Americas.